There are three international organizations that were intriguing and that I would like to be apart of my communities of practice:
Association for Childhood Education International– this organization advocates for social change in early childhood education that can help impact the future for our children’s life. They also have a Country Liaison program that networks with other nations to share their educational systems, issues, and trends. I’m really interested in their education innovation which goes beyond quality education, but focuses on health and wellness, environmental sustainability, and gender equality.
UNICEF- I was exposed to this organization during college and it is very helpful with research about various topics. The organization believes that change can take place through extensive research. The research that they find is used to advocate for children’s rights in 190 countries. I also chose it because it would be a great resource for my capstone project.
World Forum Foundation– This organization has a “wordle” that represents them as well, Children. Change. Relationships. Spirit. Differences. These are their core values which leads to my interest in them. They are also a resource for research on various topics related to children’s education, rights, and well being. It also has a research tool that gives you a global connection to a cop of individuals that serve young learners.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development and management experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool.
- Plan and schedule administrative duties
- Maintain accurate record-keeping, both state and GSI requirements (eg, children’s files, faculty files)
- Prepare reports
- Operate the School within budget
- Define a maintenance system for faculty (eg, classroom repairs)
- Arrange for maintenance and repairs